1. Who can take NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination?
The following persons can take NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination:
2. For whom is this examination mandated?
Please refer to NISM Notification NISM/Certification/Series-V-B: MFF/2013/01 dated January 7, 2013 (in the ‘Circulars’ section). NISM has specified this examination to be the requisite standard for “a new cadre of distributors including, postal agents, retired government and semi-government officials (class III and above or equivalent) with a service of at least 10 years, retired teachers with a service of at least 10 years, retired bank officers with a service of at least 10 years, and other similar persons (such as Bank correspondents) as may be notified by AMFI/AMC from time to time, allowed to sell units of simple and performing mutual fund schemes”.
3. How can I register for NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination?
Candidates can register with any of the following Test Administrators.
1. National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) https://certifications.nism.ac.in/nismaol/
For registrations candidates may visit any of the above websites.
After successful registration, candidates may select a test centre, date and time slot of their choice on the Test Administrator website. Candidates are required to follow further instructions available on the Test Administrator websites.
4. What is the fee structure?
The fees for "NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination" is Rupees One Thousand Two Hundred only (Rs. 1200/-).
5. What is the assessment structure?
The examination consists of 50 questions of 1 mark each and should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score for the examination is 50%. There shall be no negative marking.
6. Is there a study material available for preparing for this examination?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material after enrolment for the examination. For non-receipt of soft copy of the workbook/study material, you may contact the respective Test Administrator:
7. Do I have to pay for the study material?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material free of cost after enrolment for the examination.Candidate can buy NISM workbooks online through Taxmann Publications Private Ltd.
Visit https://www.taxmann.com/bookstore/nism-iibf-books.aspx to place your orders for NISM workbooks.
If you prefer to order by phone , please call your nearest store directly to place your order .Click here to get the details of your nearest store.
8. How can I appear for NISM MFF mock test? Where do I get sample questions for NISM Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination?
Click here to take a mock test.
9. I have passed NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination. When will I receive the certificate?
Only the candidates who have produced their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) during registration would receive the NISM Certificate within two weeks of appearing for the examination.
Candidates who produced other identification proofs would not receive the NISM certificate. They would receive only the temporary mark sheet at the end of the examination.
10. I have not provided my PAN information at the time of taking the certification examination. How do I obtain the certificate?
Candidates who have not provided their PAN information during registration may furnish their PAN details to the Test Administrator they have registered with anytime after taking the examination. After receiving and verifying PAN details, the candidate will receive the certificate from the Test Administrator they have registered with. No additional payments are necessary for obtaining the certificate.
11. I have passed NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination and also provided PAN details. However, I have not received the certificate. Whom should I contact?
For non-receipt of certificate contact the test administrator you have registered with for this examination. The respective email ids are given below:
12. What is the validity period of the certificate?
The certificate will be valid for 3 years from the date of the examination.
13. How do I renew my certificate?
To renew your current certificate, you need to appear for NISM CPE for Mutual Fund Foundation or successfully pass the NISM-Series-V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation Certification Examination before the expiry of such certificate.
14. Can I request for re-evaluation of NISM Certification Examinations?
NISM Policy on Re-evaluation of performance of candidates appearing for Certification Examination and resolution of doubts about the questions forming part of such examination, if any.
“No re-evaluation of the performance of candidates appearing for Certification Examination conducted by NISM (Mandatory & Non-Mandatory examination) is permitted since the assessment of answers, with respect to Certification Examinations questions which are in the nature of selection of only one correct answers from multiple choices offered, is carried out in an objective manner by in-built system architecture created for Certification Examination without any scope for human intervention and subjectivity element.
Also, considering the examination structure, no disclosure of the questions and/or answers is permitted as it will violate the confidentiality of the question bank, which is the essence of the examination.
In view of the above, no communication regarding re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained/serviced by NISM.”
Subject to the above, request/s received from a candidate for resolution of doubts about a question forming part of such examination will be considered as per the following policy.
The above policy and process will be subject to review from time to time and shall be binding and final in relation to any claim and/or matter when disposed off with the approval of the authority of NISM.