NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SECURITIES MARKETS
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POST OF
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is a public trust established by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator of the securities markets in India. The Institute carries out a wide range of capacity building activities at various levels aimed at enhancing the quality standards of and increase the participation in the securities markets through various educational courses / programs. NISM is currently operating from a state-of- the-art campus on a 70 acre plot of land at Patalganga, about 60 KMs from the Mumbai airport on Mumbai–Pune Express Highway. NISM invites applications from Indian citizens for the position of REGISTRAR.
The Registrar will be a whole time Officer of the Institute and shall assist the Director in all administrative, secretarial, accounting, financial and all in-house matters. Among other things, (s)he is custodian of records, funds, property and the common seal of NISM. (S)he is the ex-officio Secretary to the Board of Governors, Academic Council and other Committee/s. (S)he conducts all official correspondence on behalf of the Institute, convenes meetings, arranges and supervises examinations, enters into agreements, authenticate records and performs such other duties as per Rules and Regulations of the Institute.
a) MBA/MMS with specialisation in Finance / CA / CS /CFA / CWA / LLB / Post Graduation in Economics, Finance or any other discipline which in the opinion of the Institute is useful, from a recognised University / Institution.
b) Minimum 20 years of experience in dealing with problems relating to securities market or academic administration, of which at least 8 years should be in the grade of Deputy Registrar, Associate Professor or Vice-President.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
The appointment of Registrar will be on contract for a period of three to five years (renewable at most for two terms) or till the incumbent attains the age of 62 years, whichever is earlier.
Pay and allowances are generally as applicable to Registrar of Institutes’ of higher learning of Government of India, on cost to company (CTC) basis. In addition, accommodation at the NISM campus at Patalganga and other benefits are admissible, as per Institute’s Rules.
1. Mode of Selection shall be interaction for the short-listed candidates with the Committee constituted for the purpose. Outstation candidates called for interaction will be reimbursed Economy Class Air fare for the to and fro journey, subject to submission of necessary documentary evidence.
2. The Institute reserves the right to modify the mode of selection, if deemed fit. It reserves the right to raise the minimum standards in respect of age / qualification / experience, in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interaction. Thus, merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down in the advertisement as regards age/qualifications/experience would not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for the interaction.
3. The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons thereof. The Committee may seek nominations from various sources including from eminent persons in the field and or may seek candidature from suitable persons.
4. Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
5. Candidates shall satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. The Institute shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage, i.e., while calling them for interaction.
6. If the candidates are not eligible or have knowingly or wilfully furnished incorrect or false particulars or suppressed material information, their candidature will be liable to be rejected at any stage of the selection. If the candidate qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he/she does not fulfil the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature will be cancelled and, if appointed, the contract would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
7. The decision of the Institute in all matters would be final and binding, and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Candidates, who satisfy the eligibility norms, may apply, furnishing complete Curriculum Vitae with details such as name, passport size photograph, designation, postal address, contact numbers, email address, name & address of the office/organization/institution where presently working, date of birth, educational & professional qualifications, field of specialization, publications, experience, etc. In particular, the candidate’s relevant experience should be highlighted.
2. Candidates are required to apply on-line through the website www.nism.ac.in (under the Recruitment section) from 01st February 2018 to 21st February 2018. Applications in hard copy format will not be accepted.
3. Applications, which are incomplete, or received after the prescribed date, will not be considered. The Institute takes no responsibility for any delay in receipt of application and / or loss thereof in transit.
Last date for receipt of applications: 21st February 2018
Interested candidates may submit their applications online in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV. Click here