‘Perspective on Securities Law’
November 03-04, 2015
NISM Bhavan, Navi Mumbai
A Workshop on ‘Perspective on Securities Law’ was held during November 03-04, 2015 at NISM Premises, Vashi, Navi Mumbai for SEBI Officers.
The broad objective of the programme was to equip the SEBI officers to understand, interpret and deal with various securities laws, regulations, etc.
The topics covered, among others, werePower and functions of SEBI; Companies Act, 2013 –the relevant provisions related to capital market;SEBI (ICDR) Regulations, 2009; SEBI (SAST) Regulations, 2011; Market Abuse & SEBI (PFUTP) Regulations, 2003; Analysis of Insider Trading Regulations in India; Merger and Acquisition; Surveillance, Investigation and Enforcement at SEBI and challenges with Case Laws.
The speakers for the programme were as under:
1. Mr. R. N. Loona, Former Executive Director, SEBI
2. Ms. Savitri Parekh, Head- Legal, Pidilite Industries Ltd.
3. Mr. Abhijit Vaidya, Executive Director, Kotak Investment Banking
4. Mr. Jitendra Kumar, Faculty, NISM
5. Mr. Sahil Malik, Faculty, NISM
6. Mr. Ankit Mishra, Partner, Nishith Desai Associate
7. Mr. J. J. Bhatt, Advocate