Programme on “Surveillance - Commodities Derivatives” for NCDEX Officers
NISM organised a Programme on “Surveillance of Commodities Derivatives” for NCDEX Officers during May 20-21, 2017 at NISM Bhavan, Vashi, Navi Mumbai. Mr. Jitendra Kumar was the Programme Director.
The objective of the programme was to enhance the skills of NCDEX officers for effective implementation of Market Surveillance at NCDEX.
The programme was inaugurated by Mr. Prabhakar Patil, CGM, SEBI
The following areas were covered during the programme:
• Lessons Learnt from Global Events on Commodities derivatives market
• Legal Framework with respect to Manipulation/ Fraud related to commodities derivatives in India
• IOSCO Standard on Surveillance with specific focus on Commodity Trading
• Market Surveillance and Alert Systems
• Common Forms of Manipulation in Securities Markets and Learning for NCDEX
• Case Study on various types of equity markets and others
• High Frequency/Algo Trading Issues
• Types of Manipulation, Pattern Recognition and actions taken & Client Level Surveillance.
The faculties for the programme among others were, Dr. Prabhakar Patil CGM- SEBI, Mr. Rajesh Saraf, Sr G.M Surveillance & Supervision BSE, Mr. KRCV Seshachalam, Advocate & Consultant, Mr. Arnab Chakraborti, Head- Compliance & Operations, Kotak Commodity Services , Ms. Rekha Shah Head Analyze & Control Kotak Commodity Services, Mr. V.C Chaturvedi, GM, SEBI, Mr. Suprabhat Lala, Vice President, NSE and other SEBI Officers posted in Suveillance Department of SEBI.
The Valedictory was done by Mr. Sandip Ghose, Director, NISM. He gave Certificate of Participation to all the participants.