This examination has been jointly developed by NISM and FPCIL and is a voluntary examination.
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for all persons involved in financial advisory including:
- Individual Financial Advisors
- Employees of organizations engaged in financial advisory services, including Stock Broking and Distribution Houses, Banks, Wealth Management Companies, Asset Management Companies, Insurance Companies, Consumer Credit Companies etc.
The certification aims to enhance the quality of financial advisory and related services in the financial services industry. It is also ideal for students who wish to pursue a career in investment advisory and financial planning.
On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should:
- Know the basics of financial advisory, steps in the advisory process, making and implementation of financial plan
- Understand how to evaluate different products, their suitability and how the recommendation of the same can impact investment risks, returns and strategies in a personal finance environment for investors and prospective investors in the market.
- Get oriented to the Income tax, Wealth tax and legalities of Estate planning in personal finance, and regulatory aspects underlying advisory.
- Get acquainted with financial planning as an approach to investing, insurance, retirement planning and an aid for advisors to develop long term relationships with their clients.
The examination consists of 60 questions each of 1 mark and 20 questions each of 2 marks, and should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score on the examination is 60%. There shall be no negative marking.
For more information, visit: InvestorFirst.in/Advisor
For notification on CPFA Certification, click NISM/Certification/NMD-1/2010/1 dated December 28, 2010
||Name of Module
||Test Duration (in minutes)
||No. of Questions
||Pass Marks* (%)
||Certificate # Validity (in years)
||Certified Personal Financial Advisor (CPFA) Examination
*No Negative marking.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.