Revised NISM-Series-V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination (English) from 16th August 2020.
NISM-Series-V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination (Hindi) w.e.f. October 24, 2020.
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for all persons involved in selling and distributing mutual funds including:
- Individual Mutual Fund Distributors
- Employees of organizations engaged in sales and distribution of Mutual Funds
- Employees of Asset Management Companies specially persons engaged in sales and distribution of Mutual Funds
The certification aims to enhance the quality of sales, distribution and related support services in the mutual fund industry.
On successful completion of the examination the candidate should:
- Know the basics of mutual funds, their role and structure, different kinds of mutual fund schemes and their features
- Understand how mutual funds are distributed in the market-place, how schemes are to be evaluated, and how suitable products and services can be recommended to investors and prospective investors in the market.
- Get oriented to the legalities, accounting, valuation and taxation aspects underlying mutual funds and their distribution.
- Get acquainted with financial planning as an approach to investing in mutual funds, as an aid for mutual fund distributors to develop long term relationships with their clients.
The examination consists of 100 questions of 1 mark each and should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score for the examination is 50%. There shall be no negative marking.
Name of Module: NISM-Series-V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors Certification Examination
||Test Duration (in minutes)
||No. of Questions
||Pass Marks* (%)
||Certificate # Validity (in years)
* No negative marks for incorrect answers.
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.