NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SECURITIES MARKETS
INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POST OF
National Institute of Securities Markets (hereinafter referred to as the Institute or NISM) is an Institute established by Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) to build human resource capacity in the area of securities markets as well as across the financial sector. It is an autonomous public trust governed by its Board of Governors. Chairman, SEBI is the ex-officio Chairman of the Board of Governors. An Academic Council provides academic guidance to NISM.
NISM is engaged in teaching, research, certification, financial literacy and advisory services across the financial markets. At present, there are six schools in NISM, each serving a particular area in the securities markets. It has significant industry interface and linkages. It is proposed to position NISM as a facility for the financial markets of India and emerging markets. NISM enjoys the highest degree of academic autonomy.
NISM is currently operating from a state-of-the-art campus on a 70 acre plot of land at Patalganga, about 60 KMs from the Mumbai airport on Mumbai–Pune Express Highway.
The Director of NISM is the Principal Academic and Executive Officer of the Institute.
The appointment would be on contract/ deputation basis. NISM is looking for a person with an academic vision, institution building ability with sound professional and academic credentials.
The selected candidate shall be appointed at Level 15 of the Seventh Central Pay Commission scale (Rs. 1,82,200 – Rs.2,24,100),including other allowances as may be applicable. The selected candidate will also be offered accommodation at the NISM campus, a car as well as other admissible perquisites.
The candidate should have outstanding academic credentials throughout including:
- First class degree at Bachelor’s and Master’s level
- A Ph.D. degree is desirable but not mandatory
- Post qualification experience of at least 20 years in financial sector/ industry/ research/ teaching/ education/ training with at least 5 years’ experience as administrative head or in a leadership role in an organization.
III. TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
The selected candidate shall be appointed on contract / deputation initially for a term of 3 years that may be extended upto 5 years.He shall be eligible for re-appointment for, at most, another term of 3 years, extendable upto 5 years.
The incumbent will demit the office on attaining the age of 65 years or at the end of the contract period, whichever is earlier. The institute reserves the right to terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice. The institute also reserves the right to relax the aforesaid eligibility criteria for a deserving candidate.
A) GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Mode of Selection shall be interaction for the short-listed candidates with the Search and Selection Committee constituted for the purpose.Outstation candidates called for interaction will be reimbursed ‘Y’ Class Air fare for the to and fro journey, subject to submission of necessary documentary evidence.
- The Institute reserves the right to modify the mode of selection, if deemed fit. It reserves the right to raise the minimum standards in respect of age / qualification / experience, in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interaction. Thus, merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down in the advertisement as regards age/qualifications/experience would not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for the interaction.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons therefor. The Search and Selection Committee may seek nominations from various sources including from eminent persons in the field and or may seek candidature from suitable persons.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates shall satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. The Institute shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage, i.e., while calling them for interaction.
- If the candidates are not eligible or have knowingly or willfully furnished incorrect or false particulars or suppressed material information, their candidature will be liable to be rejected at any stage of the selection. If the candidate qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he/she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature will be cancelled and, if appointed, the contract would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters would be final and binding, and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
B) HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates, who are in service of Govt./Quasi-Govt. organisations/Public Sector Undertakings and applying for the post of Director on contract basis, shall produce a "No Objection Certificate' from their employer, at the time of interaction and a proper discharge certificate before appointment.
- Candidates who are in service of Govt./ Quasi-Govt. organisations/Public Sector Undertakings and applying for the post of Director on deputation basis, shall route their applications through their employers. They shall also furnish vigilance clearance (major/minor penalties, if any, imposed during last 10 years) and Annual Confidential Reports for last 5 years along with the application.
- Candidates are required to apply On-Line before November 30, 2019 through the website www.nism.ac.in. In case of any issues/difficulty in filling the application online, please feel free to connect with us at [email protected].
- Applications, which are incomplete, or received after the prescribed date, will not be considered.
To Apply, Click here