Financial Literacy Quiz 2016
National Institute of Securities Markets in association with Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund announces Financial Literacy Quiz Contest 2016 for management students. The programme would be held in stages spread into January-March 2016.
The guidelines in this regard are as follows:
1. Students studying for full time management programme (MBA and two year full time P G Programme in Management) in colleges/institutes recognized by UGC/AICTE are eligible to participate in the programme.
2. Each college can nominate a maximum of two teams and each team can comprise of two students
3. The colleges can participate through submitting nomination in the prescribed format, the format is available at the end of this release.
4. The Quiz Program is in three stages as follows.
a) Preliminary Round/Screening: This would be a computer based test of 50 MCQ type questions in financial literacy where the participant has to tick the correct answer. The eligible candidate will have toappear for this test at the nearest metropolitan centre (Mumbai/Navi Mumbai, New Delhi, Kolkata, and Chennai) at their own cost. While a two members team can be nominated for the Quiz by the college/institution, only one of them would be admitted to the preliminary computer based test.
b) Regional Round: Four top scoring teams from each region would be shortlisted after the Preliminary Round and they would qualify for the Regional Round which would be held at the metro centre. The successful candidates in the preliminary round would be reimbursed III AC return train fare for travel from their residential location to the venue of the regional round for participating in the regional round.
c) Semi final and Final Round: The winners of the regional round would qualify for the semi final and final round which would be held in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai. Two teams each from the four metro regions would compete in this round. Thus, eight teams would compete in the semi final round and four successful teams in the semi final round would compete in the final round. Both semi final and the final round would be held on the same day. The participants for the semi final round would be reimbursed low cost airfare or IIAC Train fare to attend the programme in Mumbai/Navi Mumbai. Further NISM would make the stay arrangements at Navi Mumbai/Mumbai for the participants.
5. Prize Money and Certificates: All the winners i.e. the participants in the regional round and final round would receive certificates co-branded by NISM and Birla Sunlife Mutual Fund. Prize Money of Rs 25,000/- each would be awarded to top two winning teams at regional round. In the final round, the prize money for the top winning team is Rs 50000/-, the second top winning team would get Rs 30,000/-, and the third top winning team would get Rs 20,000/-. Consolation prize of Rs 10,000/- each would be awarded to the remaining five teams appearing in the final round.
6. Schedule of events: The programme would be held as per the following schedule.
|Preliminary Round||Saturday, 16th January 2016 to be held in New Delhi, Mumbai/NaviMumbai, Kolkata and Chennai|
|Regional Round||New Delhi – Saturday, 6th February 2016|
|Mumbai/Navi Mumbai – Saturday, 13th February 2016|
|Kolkata – Saturday, 20th February 2016|
|Chennai – Saturday, 27th February 2016|
|Final Round||Mumbai/Navi Mumbai – Saturday, 5th March 2016|
The dates as above are tentative and NISM reserves the right to change the dates
7. How to apply: The colleges/management institutes can nominate their students as two members team and the details are to be filled in the application form, get it signed by the head of the department/institution and send the scanned copy by email to email@example.com or by courier to School for Investor Education and Financial Literacy, National Institute of Securities Markets, Plot No. 82, Sector 17, Vashi, Navi Mumbai.