NISM SSIR invites application from eligible candidates for visiting research scholar p programme. It is a short-term project-based research programme primarily for the scholars who are currently enrolled for doctoral / fellowship programme in the top universities / Reputed institutes. The programme shall also be open to academically excellent students pursuing Engineering from IIT or pursuing MBA, MSc. Mathematics, Masters in Economics and interested in Capital market-related research.
The program is open to scholars who are currently enrolled for doctoral / fellowship programme in the top universities / Reputed institutes, including students pursuing Engineering from IIT or pursuing MBA, MSc. Mathematics, Masters in Economics, interested in Capital market-related research.
Additional Skill Sets:
- Command of Research Methodology.
- Knowledge of Securities Markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical ability.
- Knowledge of R / SPSS/ Eviews/ STATA/ Coding.
- Report Writing.
Duration:1 month to 3 months residential at Patalganga Campus
Interested Candidates may make an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a detailed research proposal in areas related to securities markets like Equity, Fixed income, Currency & Commodity markets, Portfolio management, corporate governance & risk management, etc. The research proposal shall include topic, relevant review of literature, research gaps, objectives of study, brief methodology and work plan among other things.
Candidates shortlisted based on the CV and proposal. Such candidates will be interviewed and offered project-based research support from a faculty at NISM, leading to publications or conference papers or NISM working papers.
Last date: NISM will be continuously accepting applications and proposals in this category and will choose proposals that are of value to Faculty at NISM. Candidates are requested to indicate their duration preference and also the date of joining for the program if selected.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Visiting Research Scholar shall be responsible for associating with NISM faculty for different Research projects taken up by them. They will have to do literature survey, data collection, data mining, analysis and preparation of research project reports, proposals for getting research projects, writing research papers and developing case studies and other assigned work.
- Visiting Research Scholar shall have a good command over research methodology and knowledge in securities markets.
- Visiting Research Scholar shall work on projects assigned to them and complete preparation of the report in a time-bound manner.
Maximum Age (as on 30-Sept-2019):35 years
Accommodation and Food: Selected candidates will be provided free accommodation and food at the campus for the duration of the project.