NISM INVITES APPLICATIONS FOR THE POST OF GENERAL MANAGER – SECURITY & PROTOCOL
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is a premier institute established by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator for securities markets in India. The Institute currently offers two-year Post Graduate Program in Securities Market PGDM (SM), one year LLM degree in investment and securities law and one-year full-time Post Graduate Certification in Securities Market (PGCSM).
The Institute is also in the process of introducing full time/part time online courses in the area of Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering, Risk Management, Data Science, Treasury Management, Securities Law, Fin-Tech, Warehousing and logistics Management and other areas relevant to the securities market. Furthermore, the Institute certifies market intermediaries and has recently introduced online remote proctored certification exams. The Institute also conducts capacity building programs among the stakeholders in the securities markets through professional education, financial literacy, enhancing governance standards and fostering policy-based research in Securities Markets.
Currently, NISM is functioning from its state-of-the-art campus on a 70-acre plot of land at Patalganga (around 45 minutes’ drive from Vashi, Navi Mumbai). NISM also has offices at Vashi, Navi Mumbai and Bandra-Kurla Complex (BKC) Mumbai.
For more details, please visit NISM’s website www.nism.ac.in.
NISM invites applications for the post of General Manager – Security & Protocol, as per the details given hereinbelow. The last date for seeking applications is September 30, 2021.
- General Manager – Security
Functions and responsibilities at NISM campus and all other NISM premises
- Overall security arrangement viz. planning and supervising physical security as well as operations of various electronic systems for security measures such as CCTV, fire detection / protection panels, fire-fighting systems, access control system, metal detector and monitoring of visitors.
- Maintaining the contract and processing the wages of the security personnel.
- Ensuring smooth execution of daily activities like Safety, Security, VIP movements.
- Liaisoning and follow-up with local authorities and ensuring proper protection from unauthorized occupation.
- Making protocol and other arrangements for visits / meetings of senior officials.
- Daily monitoring of movements of personnel, visitors, inward and outward material.
- Gathering facts and prepare initial data for extensive investigations related to theft, corruption, loss of classified documents / material, frauds & Union activities etc.
The above-mentioned job responsibilities are indicative and the candidate may be required to carry out any other responsibility across the various Schools/Departments of the Institute as per requirement which may include housekeeping, wardening, sports activities, etc.
- Minimum Qualification: Post Graduation from any recognized University / Institute / National Defense Academy.
- Experience (as on September 30, 2021): Minimum 25 years of work experience, out of which not less than 3 years’ experience as one of the following –
- not below rank of Captain or equivalent
- as an officer not below the rank of Commandant in Para Military Forces
- as a Police Officer not below the rank of Superintendent of Police.
The appointment would initially be offered at Level 13A (1) as per 7th CPC Pay Matrix, carrying an approximate CTC of Rs. 28,74,696/- per annum. Besides, suitable accommodation, subject to availability, can be made available at concessional rate at the NISM Campus.
- Age requirement: Not above 57 years as on September 30, 2021
Candidates with the knowledge of computers and having experience of handling the tender/contract procedures will be preferred.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
1. The selected candidate shall initially be appointed on contract / deputation for a term of 3 years, which may further be extended based on performance. The incumbent will demit the office on attaining the age of 60 years or at the end of the contract period, whichever is earlier.
2. After attaining the age of 60, the candidate may be considered for appointment on an yearly contract at the discretion of the management and subject to satisfactory performance. Nevertheless, the yearly contract would not be renewed in any case, after attaining the age of 65 years.
3. The Institute reserves the right to terminate the contract by giving one month’s notice.
- GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS:
- Mode of Selection shall be an interaction of the short-listed candidates with a “Selection Committee” constituted for the purpose. Interaction may be web based depending on the pandemic situation however, if called for physical interaction, outstation candidates will be reimbursed ‘Y’ Class Air fare for the to and fro journey, subject to submission of necessary documentary evidence.
- The Institute reserves the right to modify the mode of selection, if deemed fit. It also reserves the right to raise the minimum standards in respect of age / qualification / experience, in order to restrict the number of candidates to be called for the interaction. Thus, merely fulfilling the eligibility criteria laid down in the advertisement as regards age/qualifications/experience would not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for the interaction.
- The Institute reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons therefore.
- Canvassing in any form will disqualify the candidate.
- Candidates shall satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the post applied for. The Institute shall determine their eligibility only at the final stage, i.e., while calling them for interaction.
- If the candidates are not eligible or have knowingly or willfully furnished incorrect or false particulars or suppressed material information, their candidature will be liable to be rejected at any stage of the selection. If the candidate qualifies in the selection process and subsequently it is found that he/she does not fulfill the eligibility criteria, his/her candidature will be cancelled and, if appointed, the contract would be terminated without any notice or compensation.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters would be final and binding, and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Candidates, who are in service of Govt./Quasi-Govt. Organizations/Public Sector Undertakings and applying for the above position, shall produce a “No Objection Certificate’ from their employer, at the time of interaction and a proper discharge certificate before appointment.
- Candidates who are in service of Govt./ Quasi-Govt. Organizations/Public Sector Undertakings and applying for the above position on deputation basis, shall route their applications through their employers. They shall also furnish vigilance clearance (major/minor penalties, if any, imposed during last 10 years) and Annual Confidential Reports for last 5 years along with the application.
- Candidates are required to apply Online before September 30, 2021 through the website nism.ac.in.
Click here to Apply
- In case of any issues/difficulty in filling the application online, please feel free to connect with us at email@example.com. No physical applications would be entertained.
- Applications that are incomplete in any respect or received in physical form or received after the prescribed date, will not be considered.
NISM SSIR invites application from eligible candidates for visiting research scholar p programme. It is a short-term project-based research programme primarily for the scholars who are currently enrolled for doctoral / fellowship programme in the top universities / Reputed institutes. The programme shall also be open to academically excellent students pursuing Engineering from IIT or pursuing MBA, MSc. Mathematics, Masters in Economics and interested in Capital market-related research.
The program is open to scholars who are currently enrolled for doctoral / fellowship programme in the top universities / Reputed institutes, including students pursuing Engineering from IIT or pursuing MBA, MSc. Mathematics, Masters in Economics, interested in Capital market-related research.
Additional Skill Sets:
- Command of Research Methodology.
- Knowledge of Securities Markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical ability.
- Knowledge of R / SPSS/ Eviews/ STATA/ Coding.
- Report Writing.
Duration:1 month to 3 months residential at Patalganga Campus
Interested Candidates may make an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a detailed research proposal in areas related to securities markets like Equity, Fixed income, Currency & Commodity markets, Portfolio management, corporate governance & risk management, etc. The research proposal shall include topic, relevant review of literature, research gaps, objectives of study, brief methodology and work plan among other things.
Candidates shortlisted based on the CV and proposal. Such candidates will be interviewed and offered project-based research support from a faculty at NISM, leading to publications or conference papers or NISM working papers.
Last date: NISM will be continuously accepting applications and proposals in this category and will choose proposals that are of value to Faculty at NISM. Candidates are requested to indicate their duration preference and also the date of joining for the program if selected.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Visiting Research Scholar shall be responsible for associating with NISM faculty for different Research projects taken up by them. They will have to do literature survey, data collection, data mining, analysis and preparation of research project reports, proposals for getting research projects, writing research papers and developing case studies and other assigned work.
- Visiting Research Scholar shall have a good command over research methodology and knowledge in securities markets.
- Visiting Research Scholar shall work on projects assigned to them and complete preparation of the report in a time-bound manner.
Maximum Age (as on 30-Sept-2019):35 years
Accommodation and Food: Selected candidates will be provided free accommodation and food at the campus for the duration of the project.