APPLICATION FOR THE POSITIONS (TEMPORARY) OF RESEARCH ASSOCIATES AND SENIOR RESEARCH ASSOCIATES
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is planning to enhance its research in the field of securities markets and is looking for “Research Professionals” to conduct full-time research on its behalf and / or to assist the NISM faculty for the same.
In this context, applications are invited from interested eligible candidates for the post of –
- Research Associates (Having relevant qualification and experience of 1 to 3 years); and
- Senior Research Associates (Having relevant qualification and experience of 3 to 5 years), as under:
A. ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTED OUTPUT:
- Conduct research on the given topics and submit paper/case/project on that topic.
- Assist faculty in conducting research.
- Assist faculty in research publication activities.
- Conduct different activities related to research like collection of data (primary or secondary depending on the project and guidance), literature review, cleaning and arranging data collected or preparation of questionnaire, analysis of the data summarizing and writing the paper/case study.
- Prepare teaching notes and other supporting materials for case studies, as may be required from time to time.
- Any other related assignment given by the management.
Apart from the above, upon joining, the Research Professionals shall be provided with the research goal and quantifiable research activity by their respective guide/faculty
B. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Educational Qualification, Work Experience & Skills
|Age and Nationality||The candidate must be an Indian citizen up to 30 years of age as on January 31, 2022.|
|Education||• Post-graduation or equivalent degree in Economics / Commerce / Finance / Corporate Laws / Management
•PhD/PhD Scholar – desirable
•Minimum 60% aggregate marks at post-graduation level or equivalent CGPA.
|Desired skills||• Content writing and editing skills on topics of securities markets or economics or business or finance.
• Proof reading for technical, grammatical and style guide compliance.
|Work Experience||• Ability to handle common statistical tools for statistical//econometric analytics.
• Knowledge of various sources of economic and securities market data will be an added advantage.
• Contribution to media articles would be an added advantage.>
• Teaching and/or Research in the area of finance, commerce or securities markets.
C. General Essential Skills
- Proficiency in English language (spoken and written);
- Understanding of financial markets;
- Knowledge of Informational Technology tools;
- Good oral and written communication skills; and
- Sound judgment and interpersonal skills.
D. DURATION OF ENGAGEMENT:
The engagement shall be on a contractual basis for a period of one year which can be extended for further two terms of 1 year each on the same terms and conditions. However, the maximum duration of such engagement shall not exceed 3 years.
During the period of engagement, the candidate in addition to performing other assigned tasks, must publish at least two popular articles in the Economic/Business Dailies or Magazines and at least one article in a Journal.
E. PLACE OF POSTING
The engagement is in the nature of a full time assignment and the candidates shall be posted at the NISM Campus, Patalganga.
F. STIPEND & OTHER FACILITIES:</strong
The stipend to be offered would be as under:
|1||Research Associates (Having relevant experience of 1 to 3 years);||₹60,000 (Rupees Sixty Thousand only) per month.|
|2||Senior Research Associates (Having relevant experience of 3 to 5 years)||₹75,000 (Rupees Seventy-Five Thousand only) per month.|
The selected candidates will be provided single room hostel accommodation and food at the Patalganga Campus.
NISM will provide office space, internet connectivity and other support facilities.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Interested candidates may submit their applications along with the detailed CV online through the website www.nism.ac.in.
2. This is a rolling advertisement and will remain active as per the Institute’s requirements. Applications received on or before 31st January 2022 will be processed in the first phase. Applications received after 31st January 2022 shall be processed in next phases, as deemed appropriate by the Institute. In case of any issues/difficulty in filling the application online, please feel free to connect with us at email@example.com
3. Physical applications or applications that are incomplete or received after the prescribed date, will not be considered.
G. GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS AND METHOD OF SELECTION:
a. Candidates will be shortlisted by NISM, based on the eligibility criteria, documentary evidence submitted, skills available etc. The candidate must satisfy the eligibility criteria as prescribed herein. However, mere fulfilment of eligibility criteria shall not vest any right to the candidate for being shortlisted or called for interviews. The decision of the Institute shall be final in this regard.
b. Candidates may have to appear for an assignment test which might include essay / content writing / Data Interpretational exercise / presentation on a given topic and a preliminary interview in virtual mode. Candidates qualifying in this round shall be shortlisted for final round
c. Final round of selection shall be an interaction of the qualifying candidates (as mentioned above) with a selection committee.
d. NISM reserves the right to reject any or all the applications without assigning any reasons, whatsoever, for the same.
e. NISM also reserves the right to modify / cancel the aforesaid advertisement at any point of time without giving any notice / reason. The decision of the Institute in all matters would be final and binding, and no correspondence in this regard would be entertained.
NISM SSIR invites application from eligible candidates for visiting research scholar p programme. It is a short-term project-based research programme primarily for the scholars who are currently enrolled for doctoral / fellowship programme in the top universities / Reputed institutes. The programme shall also be open to academically excellent students pursuing Engineering from IIT or pursuing MBA, MSc. Mathematics, Masters in Economics and interested in Capital market-related research.
The program is open to scholars who are currently enrolled for doctoral / fellowship programme in the top universities / Reputed institutes, including students pursuing Engineering from IIT or pursuing MBA, MSc. Mathematics, Masters in Economics, interested in Capital market-related research.
Additional Skill Sets:
- Command of Research Methodology.
- Knowledge of Securities Markets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good analytical ability.
- Knowledge of R / SPSS/ Eviews/ STATA/ Coding.
- Report Writing.
Duration:1 month to 3 months residential at Patalganga Campus
Interested Candidates may make an application to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a detailed research proposal in areas related to securities markets like Equity, Fixed income, Currency & Commodity markets, Portfolio management, corporate governance & risk management, etc. The research proposal shall include topic, relevant review of literature, research gaps, objectives of study, brief methodology and work plan among other things.
Candidates shortlisted based on the CV and proposal. Such candidates will be interviewed and offered project-based research support from a faculty at NISM, leading to publications or conference papers or NISM working papers.
Last date: NISM will be continuously accepting applications and proposals in this category and will choose proposals that are of value to Faculty at NISM. Candidates are requested to indicate their duration preference and also the date of joining for the program if selected.
Functions and Responsibilities:
- Visiting Research Scholar shall be responsible for associating with NISM faculty for different Research projects taken up by them. They will have to do literature survey, data collection, data mining, analysis and preparation of research project reports, proposals for getting research projects, writing research papers and developing case studies and other assigned work.
- Visiting Research Scholar shall have a good command over research methodology and knowledge in securities markets.
- Visiting Research Scholar shall work on projects assigned to them and complete preparation of the report in a time-bound manner.
Maximum Age (as on 30-Sept-2019):35 years
Accommodation and Food: Selected candidates will be provided free accommodation and food at the campus for the duration of the project.