NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SECURITIES MARKETS
Faculty position at NISM
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) is a premier institute established by the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), the regulator of the securities markets in India. The Institute offers two year Post Graduate Program in Securities Market PGDM (SM), two year Post Graduate Program in Financial Technology PGDM(FinTech), one-year full-time Post Graduate programme in Securities Market (PGPSM), one year Post Graduate Diploma in Quantitative Finance (PGDQF), part-time Post Graduate Diploma in Financial Engineering and Risk Management (PGDFERM), Post Graduate Diploma in Data Science (PGDDS), Certificate in Treasury Management (CTM) and Post graduate Certificate in Securities Law (PGCSL). The institute also conducts capacity building programs among the stakeholders in the securities markets through professional education, financial literacy, enhancing governance standards and fostering policy based research in Securities Markets.
For more details, please visit NISM’s website www.nism.ac.in.
Currently, NISM is functioning from a state-of-the-art campus on a 70-acre plot of land at Patalganga (around 45 minutes’ drive from Vashi, Navi Mumbai).
NISM invites applications for full time faculty positions at the level of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor in the area of Financial markets preferably in the following areas of proficiency:
I.Investment management and Risk management
II.Financial Econometrics and Data analytics
III.Computational Finance and Auditing
IV.Corporate Finance and Banking
V.Securities laws and regulations
V.Corporate Governance and other relevant areas.
The candidates should have a strong commitment to produce high quality research, publishable in top academic journals, and they should demonstrate the ability to teach in post-graduate and executive development programmes of the Institute. They must have a Ph.D. in the relevant area. For Associate/Full Professors the candidates should have demonstrated research and teaching excellence.
Faculty members should be dedicated and responsible for carrying out research, designing and teaching courses, conducting executive development programmes, web-based education, institution development, consultancy and other activities assigned from time to time. In addition, they are expected to contribute to academic administration as per the norms set by the institute.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. or equivalent with a brilliant academic background. Minimum three years of teaching/research/industrial experience (excluding however the experience gained while pursuing Ph.D). However, for candidates who have obtained their Ph.D. from premier institutes and do not have the work experience of three years, on a case to case basis and based on their credentials the candidates may be offered Assistant Professor position on contract.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. or equivalent with a successful track record of research and publications and a minimum of 6 years of teaching/research experience, of which at least 3 years should be at the level of Assistant Professor at an institution of repute.
Candidates should have a Ph.D. or equivalent with a successful track record of research and publication and a minimum of 10 years of teaching/research experience, of which at least 6 years should be at the level of Associate Professor at an institution of repute.
The faculty is governed by workload norms as stipulated by the institute from time to time.
- Professor (4 posts) : level - 14
- Associate Professor (2 posts): level - 13A2
- Assistant Professor (2 posts): level – 10/11/12/13A1
Pay scales (7th CPC-MHRD, CFTIs)and other allowance will commensurate with that of qualification and experience in revelant areas as applicable.Salary and Perquisites shall be as per institutes's norms .
For processing the applications, the last date for receiving application is 10thMay 2019..
Interested candidates may submit their applications online in the prescribed format along with the detailed CV and attachments.Click here.
Note: This is a rolling advertisement and will remain active as per the Institute’s requirements. Applications received on or before 10th May 2019 will be processed in the first phase. Applications received after 10th May 2019 shall be processed in next phases, as deemed appropriate by the Institute.
- All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the posts and other conditions stipulated in the advertisements as on the closing date of receipt of the application. They are advised to ensure their eligibility before applying for a post. No enquiry asking for advice as to eligibility will be entertained. It will be mandatory for all applicants to apply online. The candidates are also required to send in their hard copies of their c.v. along with self-attested copies of educational, experience,research and any other relevant documents.
- Applications not in prescribed format(online) and not accompanied by required information/documents are liable to be rejected summarily.
- The documents will be verified with original testimonial at the time of interview, if the applicant is called forInterview .
- If applying for more than one position, separate online application will be required to be filled-in by the candidates for each position. The name of the post applied for should be clearly mentioned in BOLD LETTERS on the top of envelope, while sending hard copy.
- The prescribed educational qualification and experience are the minimum. Merly fulfilling of the minimum advertised qualification and experience requirement does not automatically entitle an applicant to be called for interview.
- The Institute reserves the right to devise its criteria for short listing for all the positions advertised. The duly constituted Committee will shortlist the candidates adopting such criteria. Candidates are advised to mention in the online application all the qualifications and experience in the relevant area over and above the minimum prescribed qualification, supported with documents and ensure that all details are complete accurate and correct.
- Persons already working in Central/State Government/Public Sector undertakings/Autonomous organisation etc. should send their applications through proper channel. Those who wish to be considered under deputation will also be required to route their application through proper channel with statement of NOC.
- During the process of selection, the Institute reserves the right to seek any other certificate including vigilance clearance in respect of the candidates already in service at any time.
- The Institute solely reserves the right not to fill any or all the advertised positions without assigning any reason.
- Appointment orders issued by the Institute to the finally selected candidates, except for those selected on deputation basis, shall be provisional. The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents (subject to character/antecedent/Police verification, verification of all original documents, experience certificate and other relevant documents) submitted by a candidate at the time of interview and the appointment. In case later on if it is found at any time that any of the facts/documents submitted by the candidate are falsified or tampered with or the candidate has doubtful antecedents / background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her candidature shall stand cancelled and services may be terminated.
- Appointments, except those made on deputation basis, shall be subjected to satisfactory completion of probation period of two years for Assistant Professor and one year for Associate Professor and Professor. Further, in case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection, which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment order, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
- Addendum/deletion/corrigendum (if any) shall be posted on the Institute website only.
- Canvassing of any nature and/or bringing any influence/pressure from any quarter will be treated as a disqualification for the post.
- Correspondence, if any, from the Institute including interview call letter of the short listed candidates shall be sent to the e-mail ID provided by the candidate.
- The Institute reserves the right to consider the case of working Professors, Associate Professors for appointment on deputation basis. Those interested to be considered for appointment as Professors/Associate Professors on deputation may like to communicate to the Institute through this advertisement.
- The decision of the Institute in all matters relating to recruitment such as eligibility, acceptance or rejection of any/all applications, fixing the eligibility criteria, equivalence of qualifications, mode of screening, conduct of interview and selection, and fixation of pay will be final and binding on the candidates.
- No interim correspondence or personal enquiries shall be entertained by the Institute.
- NISM may, at any time, depending upon the requirements of the institute modify/amend and/or alter any of the provisions of the advertisement in the overall interest of the institute.
- The institute reserves the right to fit any of the positions at lower levels.
- All those who are shortlisted and called for interview shall be reimbursed the cost of travel to the extent of max.economy class to and fro airfare.