NISM invites applications for approval / empanelment as a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Trainer for conducting NISM’s CPE Programs.
Continuing Professional Education
NISM Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Programs are refresher programs to recapitulate the knowledge and understanding tested in SEBI-mandated NISM Certification Examinations and to update the candidates on recent market and regulatory developments in their functional areas. The CPE Programs are largely taken by market participants performing various roles and dealing with various segments of the securities markets. The programs are approximately of six hours duration (one day) and are delivered in a class-room format. The programs are administered by NISM through Accredited CPE Providers and are conducted by Approved / Empanelled CPE Trainers.
The CPE Trainers conduct / take various sessions in the CPE Programs that are conducted across the country and throughout the year. The trainers are approved / empanelled for a period of three years. The Trainers are expected to possess sound knowledge, expertise in their respective domain as well as training experience.
Categories of Trainers
1. Approved CPE Trainers
“Approved Trainers” hold a regular or contractual association with any of the NISM Accredited CPE Providers and shall be conducting programs only for NISM and that CPE Provider. (Applicants may obtain Approval from the respective CPE Providers while applying. The ‘name of CPE Provider helps NISM to identify a Trainer applying for Approval under this category and map him / her with a specific CPE provider.)
2. Empanelled CPE Trainers
“Empanelled Trainers” do not hold any association with any of the NISM Accredited CPE Providers and shall be conducting programs for NISM and for any of the CPE Providers. The Code of Approval is not applicable for Trainers applying for Empanelment.
Scope of Work
1. The CPE trainer shall be required to:
a) Deliver session in CPE Programs of the relevant modules during the programme
b) Respond to queries from candidates,
c) Keep oneself updated on the subject matter
d) Conduct the quiz at the end of the programme
d) Collect feedback about the programme from the candidates
Points to note:
1. CPE programmes shall be organized by NISM or accredited CPE providers
2. The CPE Content (Presentation, candidates’ handouts, etc.) would be developed by NISM or CPE Service Providers. This content shall be provided to the empanelled trainers. The CPE trainers are expected to strictly adhere by these training material provided by NISM.
Criteria for approval / empanelment
The broad criteria for approval / empanelment are as follows:
1. The applicant should have completed 30 years of age as on 1st June 2022.
2. The applicant should not be more than 65 years old as on 1st June, 2022.
3. The applicant should have more than 8 years of domain experience as on 1st June, 2022 (For example, having worked as a Compliance Officer is considered a valid domain experience for ‘Securities Intermediaries Compliance CPE’).
4. The applicant should have experience of conducting training programmes (Regular lectures handled for students pursuing graduation / post-graduation as a part of their mainstream curriculum are not considered as training programmes).
5. Minimum 75% marks are required in NISM Certification Examination to become eligible as a trainer for relevant CPE module, for which application is made. The committee may relax this criteria at its discretion.
6. Post-graduation qualification is mandatory for empanelment as a CPE trainer.
7. Terms and conditions and criteria may be relaxed by the empanelment committee on its discretion.
8. Similarly, the empanelment committee may apply stricter criteria for empanelment, if required.
Payment of honorarium to trainers
NISM recommends minimum honorarium of Rs. 3000/- per 90-minutes session to its empanelled CPE Trainers. The honorarium is paid by the CPE Service Provider who engages a trainer for a CPE program. NISM also recommends reimbursement of accommodation, travel and conveyance expenses, if any, incurred for conducting the CPE Program. The honorarium of approved CPE Trainers would be as per the policy and agreements with the respective CPE Service Providers. Further information on honorarium would be made available post approval / empanelment. The policy of program honorarium is subject to change.
How to apply?
Interested individuals, trainers, members of the learning and development teams of market intermediaries, market participants, faculty members and academicians may apply for approval / empanelment by filling the online form available at the following link:
Only applications received till 5:30 p.m. on 04th July, 2022 will be considered for approval / empanelment.
Other terms and conditions
1. NISM reserves the right to reject an application if the information is found to be false, incorrect or incomplete. NISM may also de-bar such applicant from applying again for empanelment with NISM.
2. Fulfillment of the criteria does not guarantee approval / empanelment of a trainer.
3. NISM encourages uniform opportunity to its approved / empanelled CPE Trainers. However, engagement of CPE Trainers for the programs is at the discretion of the CPE Provider. Approval / empanelment does not guarantee any full-time employment / or CPE training assignments.
4. The other terms of contract, including honorarium, would be specified in the CPE Trainer Policy that would be shared post approval / empanelment.
5. NISM’s decision about empanelment of trainers will be final.
6. NISM shall seek proof of education, work experience, etc. and may also make inquiries with the references provided.