About CPE Merchant Banking
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) performs two functions delegated to it under the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Certification of Associated Persons in the Securities Markets) SEBI (CAPSM) Regulations, 2007. They are:
· Offering mandatory Certification Examinations for associated persons in the securities market intermediaries
· Offering Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Programs for associated persons in the securities market intermediaries
NISM-Series-IX: Merchant Banking CPE
In exercise of the powers conferred by Sub-regulation (1) of Regulation (9) of the SEBI (Certification of Associated Persons in the Securities Markets) Regulations 2007, NISM specifies the CPE Program for ‘NISM-Series-IX: Merchant Banking Certification Examination’, for the purpose of revalidation of the certificate.
(Refer SEBI Notification No. LAD-NRO/GN/2013-14/15/6319–dated August 2, 2013)
Accordingly, any person holding any of the following certificates:
(a) NISM Series-IX: Merchant Banking Certification Examination(after August 2, 2013)
(b) NISM Series-IX: Merchant Banking Continuing Professional Education
and the validity of which has not expired, can re-validate his / her certificate for a period of three years from its date of expiry by successfully completing NISM Series-IX: Merchant Banking Continuing Professional Education Program as specified by NISM during 12 months preceding the date of expiry of the certificate.
Also, Associated Person belonging to the Principal* or the Grandfather** Category can obtain a Certificate for the first time by successfully completing NISM Series IX: Merchant Banking Continuing Professional Education Program as specified by NISM.
Note: Associated Person not belonging to either the Principal or the Grandfather Category, whose Certificate has expired, will have to pass the NISM-Series-IX: Merchant Banking Certification Examination to obtain a new Certificate.
Design of the CPE Program
· The Merchant Banking Certification CPE shall be delivered in a classroom format.
- NISM has Accredited CPE Providers for the delivery of the NISM CPE Programs.
- All NISM CPE Programs are of one-day duration (approximately six hours).
· A test shall be conducted at the end of the program.
· After verifying those candidates have successfully completed the CPE Program, NISM shall issue a new certificate for a period of three years from the date of the program or re-validate an existing certificate for a period of three years from its date of expiry.
Note: The content and duration of the CPE Programs shall be specified from time to time, by NISM for each CPE Program specific to each Certification Examination.
* Principal: Any person who is actively engaged in the management of an Intermediary’s securities business, including supervision, solicitation, conduct of business, and is a
· Proprietor / Sole Proprietor
· Partner / Managing Partner
· Director / Executive Director
· Whole-Time Director / Director
· Chief Executive Officer,
can be classified under the Principal Category.
**Grandfather: Any associated person, other than Principal, who has completed the age of 50 years as on August 02, 2013, or who has an experience of 10 years or more as an approved user and sales personnel of the Trading Members of a Merchant Banker, as on August 02, 2013, can be classified under the Grandfather Category.
Design and Delivery of the eCPE Program –
• The e-CPE Programs is delivered in online mode.
• Pre-requisite for eCPE –
• System requirement – Candidates should, preferably, have a laptop/desktop enabled with webcam and microphone with at least 8GB of RAM, Processor – i3 dual core 2.2 Ghz 5th Generation or equivalent/higher.
• Internet requirement – Stable Broad band internet with minimum speed of at 2 Mbps download speed.
• Browser requirement – Latest Google Chrome (version 80 and above) only after installing HirePro Remote Proctoring Chrome Extension. Please note that Firefox Mozilla, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer are not supported.
• Mobile Phone Usage – Mobile phone is not supported to access eCPE Sessions.
• Office Networks – Please be aware that OFFICE NETWORKS MAY BLOCK certain course content and therefore, you may not be able to access or complete the course from your office network. It is therefore, recommended to use your personal network preferably.
• Candidate’s performance during the online eCPE session may be monitored by NISM either in its entirety through or in part thereof using snapshots and/or microphone feed. The audio-visuals and other information so obtained will be stored by NISM on its server and/or a third-party hosting service provider and/or its supplier/s. The proctoring information in the form of audio-visuals may form a part of the candidate evaluation process followed by NISM before issuance of any certificate. NISM may reject issuance of certificate / cancel an issued certificate and/or take appropriate action based on the proctoring information.
• Duration of Merchant Banking eCPE programme shall be of around three to five hours.
• After verifying that Candidates have successfully completed the e-CPE Program, NISM shall issue a new Certificate for a period of three years from the date of the Program or revalidate an existing Certificate for a period of three years from its date of expiry.
Validity of the Certificate
The Validity of the Certificate obtained by attending a Continuing Professional Education Program is for a period of three years from the date of expiry of any of the above mentioned Certificates