Continuing Professional Education
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) performs two functions delegated to it under the Securities and Exchange Board of India (Certification of Associated Persons in Securities Markets) SEBI (CAPSM) Regulations, 2007. They are:
- Offering mandatory Certification Examinations for associated persons in the securities market intermediaries
- Offering Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Programs for associated persons in the securities market intermediaries
Upon expiry of the validity of the certificate possessed by an associated person, the certificate shall be re-validated by passing the relevant NISM Certification Examination before the expiry of the existing certificate or by successfully completing a program of relevant one day ‘Continuing Professional Education (CPE) or Online CPE (eCPE)’ as may be specified by NISM during 12 months preceding the date of expiry of the certificate.
The certificate will be re-validated for a period of three years from the date of expiry of the existing certificate.
Design and Delivery of the CPE Program –
- The CPE Programs shall be delivered in a classroom format.
- NISM has Accredited CPE Providers for the delivery of the NISM CPE Programs.
- All NISM CPE Programs are of one-day duration (approximately six hours).
- A test shall be conducted at the end of the program.
- After verifying that candidates have successfully completed the CPE Program, NISM shall issue a new certificate for a period of three years from the date of the program or re-validate an existing certificate for a period of three years from its date of expiry.
Note: The content and duration of the CPE Programs shall be specified from time to time, by NISM for each CPE Program specific to each Certification Examination.
Design and Delivery of the eCPE Programs / Sessions –
The eCPE programs / session delivered in online mode. These are pre-recorded videos divided in the four sessions. The duration of these eCPE sessions ranges from two-hours to five-hours depending upon the modules. Each eCPE session is followed by evaluation and feedback. An eCPE session will be complete only after completing the evaluation test and filling up the feedback form.
Pre-requisite for eCPE –
- System requirement – Candidates should, preferably, have a laptop/desktop enabled with webcam and microphone with at least 8GB of RAM, Processor – i3 dual core 2.2 Ghz 5th Generation or equivalent/higher
- Internet requirement – Stable Broad band internet with minimum speed of at 2 Mbps download speed.
- Browser requirement – Latest Google Chrome (version 80 and above) only after installing HirePro Remote Proctoring Chrome Extension. Please note that Firefox Mozilla, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer are not supported.
- Mobile Phone Usage – Mobile phone is not supported to access eCPE Sessions.
- Office Networks – Please be aware that OFFICE NETWORKS MAY BLOCK certain course content and therefore, you may not be able to access or complete the course from your office network. It is therefore, recommended to use your personal network preferably.
- Candidate’s performance during the online eCPE session may be monitored by NISM either in its entirety through or in part thereof using snapshots and/or microphone feed. The audio-visuals and other information so obtained will be stored by NISM on its server and/or a third-party hosting service provider and/or its supplier/s. The proctoring information in the form of audio-visuals may form a part of the candidate evaluation process followed by NISM before issuance of any certificate. NISM may reject issuance of certificate / cancel an issued certificate and/or take appropriate action based on the proctoring information. NISM may deny CPE certificate if an eCPE programme is not attended in entirety by the candidate or if person other than the registered candidate attends eCPE programme or if any other discrepancy is observed.
Note: The content and duration of the eCPE Programs / sessions shall be specified from time to time, by NISM for each eCPE Program specific to each Certification Examination.
|Sr||Module Name||CPE Duration||CPE Fees (Rs.)*||Ecpe Duration||Ecpe Fees (Rs.)*||Certificate Validity|
|1||NISM Series – I: Currency Derivatives||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|2||NISM Series – II-A: RTA Corporate||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|3||NISM Series – II-B: RTA Mutual Fund||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|4||NISM Series – III-A: Securities Intermediaries Compliance (Non-Fund)||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|5||NISM Series – IV: Interest Rate Derivatives||6-hrs appx||2500/-||–||3 years|
|6||NISM Series – V-A: Mutual Fund Distributors||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|7||NISM Series – V-B: Mutual Fund Foundation||6-hrs appx||2500/-||–||3 years|
|8||NISM Series – VI: Depository Operations||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|9||NISM Series – VII: Securities Operations and Risk Management||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|10||NISM Series – VIII: Equity Derivatives||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|11||NISM Series – IX: Merchant Banking||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|12||NISM Series – XIII: Common Derivatives||6-hrs appx||2500/-||–||3 years|
|13||NISM Series – XV: Research Analyst||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|14||NISM Series – XVI: Commodity Derivatives||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs appx||2500/-||3 years|
|15||NISM Series – XVII: Retirement Advisor||6-hrs appx||2500/-||–||3 years|
|16||NISM-Series-XXI-A: Portfolio Management Services (PMS) Distributors||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs app||2500/-||3 years|
|17||NISM-Series-XXI-B: Portfolio Managers||6-hrs appx||2500/-||3 – 5 hrs app||2500/-||3 years|
|* Online Payment Gateway Charges extra|
|# Indicates CPE / eCPE for Non-Mandatory module|
|Duration of CPE and eCPE depends on the content of the module|
1. The content and duration of the eCPE Programs / sessions shall be specified from time to time, by NISM for each eCPE Program specific to each Certification Examination.
2. Single person cannot enrol for two CPE or Ecpe Programmes on the same day.