About Retirement Adviser CPE
Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has accredited the National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) as the accredited institute of the Retirement Adviser Certification Examination.
NISM in consultation with the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has specified the NISM Series XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination as the requisite standard for individuals, proprietors, partners and representatives of a Retirement Adviser registered under Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (Retirement Adviser) Regulations, 2016.
NISM Series XVII: Retirement Adviser CPE
Individual, Proprietor, Partners and representatives of retirement advisor shall be required to pass NISM Series XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination to fulfill the requirements specified under Regulation 7(b) of PFRDA (Retirement Adviser) Regulations, 2016. Further, the regulation states that “refresh certification or renewal of the existing certificate through completing continuous profession education (CPE) by the accredited institution must be obtained before the expiry of the validity of the existing certificate to ensure continuity in compliance with the certification requirements”.
Accordingly, any person holding any of the following certificates:
(a) NISM Series XVII: Retirement Adviser Certification Examination
And the validity of which has not expired can re-validate his/her Certificate, for a period of three years from its date of expiry by successfully completing NISM Series XVII: Retirement Adviser Continuing Professional Education Program as specified by NISM during 12 months preceding the date of expiry of the Certificate.
Design of the CPE Program
- The CPE Programs shall be delivered in a classroom format.
- NISM has Accredited CPE Providers for the delivery of the NISM CPE Programs.
- All NISM CPE Programs are of one day duration (approximately six hours).
- A test shall be conducted at the end of the Program.
- After verifying that Candidates have successfully completed the relevant CPE Program, NISM shall issue a new Certificate for a period of three years from the date of the Program or re-validate an existing Certificate for a period of three years from its date of expiry.
Note: The content and duration of the CPE Programs shall be specified from time to time, by NISM for each CPE Program specific to each Certification Examination.
Validity of the Certificate
The Validity of the Certificate obtained by attending a Continuing Professional Education Program is for a period of three years from the date of expiry of any of the above-mentioned Certificates.