Frequently Asked Questions-Research Analyst CPE
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When am I eligible to attend CPE program of NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst?
If you have a valid certificate of NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination whose validity is getting expired in the next twelve-month period, you can attend this CPE program and renew your existing certificate for a further period of three years.
In case you do not possess a valid certificate of NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst certification (or it has expired):
i) If you are an associated person who has completed the age of 50 years as on March 24, 2015, you may attend the CPE program of NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification under the ‘Grandfather by Age’ Category.
ii) If you are actively engaged in the management (including supervision, solicitation and conduct of business) of an Intermediary who is registered as Research Analyst with SEBI, and is a:
a) Proprietor / Sole Proprietor, or
b) Partner / Managing Partner, or
c) Chairman, or
d) Director / Executive Director, or
e) Whole-Time Director / Director, or
f) Chief Executive Officer
You may attend the CPE of NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification under the ‘Principal Category’.
iii) If you do not fall under any of the categories mentioned above, you are not eligible to attend this CPE program. You will have to pass the NISM-Series-XV: Research Analyst Certification Examination to obtain a new Certificate.
For the eligibility criteria and for the list of supporting documents required for the categories (i) and (ii), please visit CPE page of the respective certification.
2. What are the various modes of attending this CPE program?
NISM offers this CPE program in the following two formats:
- CPE program delivered in classroom format,
- eCPE (delivered in Online mode)
An eligible candidate can complete his / her CPE requirement by attending either the classroom CPE or the eCPE.
3. When should I register/ enroll for a CPE / eCPE Program?
You are eligible to attend the CPE / eCPE program anytime during the last twelve months of your certificate validity. However, considering that there are limited seats available in these CPE / eCPE Programs, you are advised to enroll early so as to secure a seat. We suggest that you enroll at least six months prior to the expiry of your Certificate in order to ensure that you get your preferred location and / or date. Requests for enrollment received closer to the expiry of the Certificate may not be successful.
Also, NISM cannot be held responsible if your certificate has expired / is expiring, either due to the cancellation of a CPE program by a CPE provider or as the eCPE is not accessible due to any technical problems. To avoid such problems, you are advised to enroll for the relevant CPE program sufficiently in advance and not wait till the last moment. You can attend the relevant CPE / eCPE anytime during the last 12 months of the validity of your existing certificate. A certificate, once expired, cannot be renewed by attending the CPE / eCPE program.
4. Where can I get the information about the upcoming classroom CPE program?
You can get the information about the upcoming classroom CPE programs by visiting NISM website. The Contact Details of the coordinator of the classroom CPE programs are provided against each Program listed there. If there are no CPE Programs scheduled at your preferred location, you may contact any of the NISM Accredited CPE Providers and request for the same.
Alternatively, you may attend the eCPE program delivered in online mode at your convenient date, time and location.
5. Where can I get the information about the eCPE of this certification?
The candidate can view the available eCPE slots from the candidate’s dashboard and select the date and time of his/her choice. At any point of time, the candidate can view the eCPE slots available over the next two months period.
6. What things to be carried for the classroom CPE program?
Candidates are advised to note the following instructions while attending the classroom CPE program
- The classroom CPE program is held from 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Please ensure that you reach the venue 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time.
- You must carry the Admit Card to the venue.
- You must carry all the originals that you have uploaded while booking your seat.
- You must attend the entire program and also complete the Assessment test.
- No refund will be made if you do not attend the classroom CPE program.
- The CPE Certificate will be issued only after fulfilling all requirements. Merely attending the CPE workshop does not guarantee the issuance of certificate.
7. What are the requirements for attending the online eCPE program?
Candidates are advised to note the following instructions related to eCPE program
- On successful enrollment for an eCPE program, you will receive an admit card on your registered email id (the same is also available in the candidate’s dashboard). The admit card will mention the date (time slot) of your eCPE program.
- The detailed technical requirements to attend the eCPE are listed in the admit card and are also available on NISM website. The candidate must ensure that he/she has a laptop/desktop with the given specification and the internet connectivity with the specified bandwidth.
- The login credentials to access the eCPE (i.e., your user Id and password to attend the eCPE) will be sent to your registered email id and also to your registered mobile number (via SMS) 12 hours before the scheduled eCPE slot.
- Your login credentials are valid for two calendar days from your scheduled eCPE time. You will not be able to access your eCPE program beyond this. Hence you must ensure that you complete the eCPE program (i.e., watch all the videos and answer all the quiz questions that appear between these videos) along with the final assessment test (that appear at the end of the eCPE program) within this time. Request for extension will not be entertained.
- The eCPE Certificate will be issued only if the candidate fulfils all the eCPE requirements. Merely attending the eCPE program does not guarantee the issuance of certificate.
- No refund will be made, if you fail to attend or fail to complete the eCPE program within the given timeframe. Candidates who does not complete the eCPE, in all aspects mentioned above, within the given timeframe shall have to seek fresh enrolment for that eCPE by paying the eCPE fee.
For any technical support while attending the eCPE program, you may call on the contact numbers given in the FAQs section.
8. When do I get my CPE/eCPE Certificate?
The certificate will be issued only after the successful verification of the documents submitted by the candidate. Your certificate will be sent to your registered email id within 21-working days, provided you have submitted all required supporting documents as per the eligibility criteria. The certificate will also be made available through the candidate dashboard.
9. When will I receive my CPE Certificate?
NISM will process your CPE / eCPE certificate in about 21 working days from the date of your completion of the said program, provided you have submitted all the required supporting documents. In case of non-receipt of your certificate by this time, please send an email at email@example.com or call our Helpdesk at 8080806476 (Please mention your Enrolment Number, Name of the CPE / eCPE program and the Date of attending the CPE / eCPE program in your communication).