Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can take NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination?
NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination is a voluntary examination and will be open to all. This examination can be taken by professionals who want to know about the different taxation aspects in the Securities Markets. The examination seeks to create knowledge amongst market participants about the different taxation aspects in the Securities Markets.
2. How can I register for NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination?
Candidates can register on https://certifications.nism.ac.in/nismaol/. After successful registration, candidates may select a test centre, date and time slot of their choice on the Test Administrator website.
3. What is the fee structure?
The fees for NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination is Rs 1,770, inclusive of GST (Payment gateway charges extra).
4. What is the assessment structure?
The examination will be for a total of 100 marks. There will a total of 75 multiple choice questions, of which 50 are 1-mark questions and 25 are 2-marks questions. The examination duration is 2 hours. There shall be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question (i.e., negative marking of 0.25 for 1 mark question and 0.50 for 2 mark question). The passing score for the examination is 60% (i.e., 60 marks).
5. Is there a study material available for preparing for this examination?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material after enrolment for the examination. For non-receipt of soft copy of the workbook/study material, you may contact: email@example.com.
6. Do I have to pay for the study material?
You will receive a soft copy of the workbook/study material free of cost after enrolment for the examination. Candidate can buy printed copies of NISM workbooks through Taxmann Publications Private Ltd. at: https://www.taxmann.com/bookstore/product/18/273/nismiibf/nism-books?subject=NISM%2520Books.
7. How can I appear for NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination mock test? Where do I get sample questions for this exam?
Click here to take a mock test.
8. I have passed NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination, when will I receive the certificate?
Only the candidates who have produced their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) during registration would receive the NISM Certificate within two weeks of appearing for the examination.
9. I have passed NISM-Series-XX-Taxation in Securities Markets Certification Examination and also provided PAN details. However, I have not received a certificate. Whom should I contact?
For non-receipt of certificate, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, mentioning your enrollment and exam details.
10. What is the validity period of the certificate?
The certificate will be valid for 3 years from the date of passing the examination.
11. Can I request for re-evaluation of NISM Certification Examinations?
NISM Policy on Re-evaluation of performance of candidates appearing for Certification Examination and resolution of doubts about the questions forming part of such examination, if any.
“No re-evaluation of the performance of candidates appearing for Certification Examination conducted by NISM (Mandatory & Non-Mandatory examination) is permitted since the assessment of answers, with respect to Certification Examinations questions which are in the nature of the selection of only one correct answers from multiple choices offered, is carried out in an objective manner by in-built system architecture created for Certification Examination without any scope for human intervention and subjectivity element.
Also, considering the examination structure, no disclosure of the questions and/or answers is permitted as it will violate the confidentiality of the question bank, which is the essence of the examination.
In view of the above, no communication regarding re-evaluation, etc. will be entertained/serviced by NISM.”
Subject to the above, request/s received from a candidate for resolution of doubts about a question forming part of such examination will be considered as per the following policy:
(1) Candidate’s request/s will be considered only when he/she specifically mentions a particular question or two which he/she thinks contain errors.
(2) No request/s to disclose/discuss question/s and/or their answers shall be entertained as disclosure of the question/s will violate the essence of the question bank viz. breach the confidentiality/secrecy of the Question bank.
(3) Only those request/s made on-the-spot (before leaving the test centre) will be considered for verification.
(4) When a valid request is received from a candidate at the Test Centre, it shall be forwarded by the respective TA to NISM. NISM’s team will look into claim relating to the contested question/s to verify whether there is a mistake in the question or answer. If it is prima facie found that the question or answer contains a mistake, no score will be computed and consequently, no scorecard will be issued then at the Test Centre.
(5) Such matter will then be escalated with the question/answer to the Committee with the details of the nature of the error, the correct version of the question or contested correct answer and system recognized the correct answer. The Committee, after due diligence and proper scrutiny, will arrive at a conclusion whether the claim made by a candidate in relation to a question or answer is right. Such a conclusion will be recorded in writing and put up for formal approval to the authority of NISM.
(6) Score computation, kept in abeyance as per point 4, shall be carried based on the approval as per point – 5. Such a scorecard will then be issued to the candidate by TA/NISM.
(7) Even though NISM endeavours best efforts and has put in place a robust mechanism to review its question bank intermittently, attributable to continuous changes taking place emanating from dynamics of the market, encompassing products and features, and its regulatory framework, there is a possibility of inadvertently escaping some updation and/or escaping indirect impact on some question/answer. Therefore, to take care of such eventuality, the above process of entertaining request from the candidate in relation to the question/answer is put in place.
(8) The above policy and process will be subject to review from time to time and shall be binding and final in relation to any claim and/or matter when disposed off with the approval of the authority of NISM.