NISM-Series-IV: Interest Rate Derivatives Certification Examination
Revised exam will be available from 16th August 2020.
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for persons working in the Interest Rate Derivatives market segment, in order to enable a better understanding of fixed-income securities markets and interest rate derivative products, regulations and risks associated with the products and the exchange mechanisms of clearing and settlement.
On successful completion of the Interest Rate Derivatives examination, the candidate should:
- Know the basics of fixed-income securities markets and specifically interest rate derivative markets in Indian and developed world.
- Understand the analytical framework required for Bond Futures market in India along with trading and hedging strategies involved
- Understand the clearing, settlement and risk management as well as the operational mechanism related to interest rate derivatives markets
- Know the regulatory environment in which the interest rate derivatives markets operate in India.
The NISM-Series-IV: Interest Rate Derivatives Examination will be of 100 marks, will have 100 questions, and should be completed in 2 hours. There will be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question. The passing score for the examination is 60%.
Name of Module: NISM-Series-IV: Interest Rate Derivatives Certification Examination
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.