NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination
Revised exam will be available from 16th August 2020.
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for associated persons functioning as approved users and sales personnel of the trading member of an equity derivatives exchange or equity derivative segment of a recognized stock exchange.
The examination aims to enable a better understanding of various derivatives products available in equity derivatives markets, regulations and risks associated with the products and the exchange mechanisms of clearing and settlement. The examination also covers knowledge competencies related to the understanding of the financial structure in India and the importance of the different rules and regulations governing the Indian securities market, especially those related to the equity derivatives segment.
On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should:
- Know the basics of the Indian equity derivatives market.
- Understand the various trading strategies that can be built using futures and options on both stocks and stock indices.
- Understand the clearing, settlement and risk management as well as the operational mechanism related to equity derivatives markets.
- Know the regulatory environment in which the equity derivatives markets operate in India.
The NISM-Series-VIII: ED Examination will be a 100 marks examination to be completed in 2 hours. It will have 100 questions of 1 mark each. There will be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question. The passing score for the examination is 60%.
Name of Module: NISM-Series-VIII: Equity Derivatives Certification Examination
|Fees (Rs.)||Test Duration(in minutes)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Pass Marks*(%)||Certificate Validity(in years)#|
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.