About NISM Series XIX-A: Alternative Investment Funds (Category I and II) Distributors
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for persons working as Distributors or Placement Agents in Alternative Investment Fund domain in India and aims to enhance the quality of sales and distribution and enable better quality investor services. The examination focuses on Category I and Category II AIFs. NISM-Series-XIX-A is a voluntary examination.
On successful completion of the examination the candidate should:
· Know the basics of alternative asset class and the Alternative Investment Funds (Category I and II) markets in India.
· Understand the following in detail:
- General concepts prevalent in the AIF industry.
- Structure, risk-return relationship, investment process, governance aspects, monitoring and exit strategies of AIFs.
- Importance of fund due diligence, legal documentations and negotiation skills along with the assessment of risk & return by the investors.
- Valuation process and methodologies followed by the AIFs for its investee companies.
- Various taxation aspects for the fund and its investors.
- Role and conduct of distributors in servicing the investors.
· Know the regulatory environment in which the AIFs (Category I and II) operate in India.
The examination consists of 80 multiple choice questions and 5 case-based questions (each case having 4 questions). The assessment structure is as follows:
|Multiple Choice Questions [80 questions of 1 mark each]||80*1=80|
|Case-based Questions [5 cases (each case with 4 questions of 1 mark each)]||5*4*1=20|
The examination should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score for the examination is 60. There shall be negative marking of 25 percent of the marks assigned to a question.
Name of Module: NISM Series XIX-A: Alternative Investment Funds (Category I and II) Distributors Certification Examination.
+ Inclusive of Goods and Services Tax (GST). Payment Gateway Charges extra.
~ 80 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each and 5 caselets with 4 multiple choice questions of 1 mark each (Total 100 questions adding up to 100 marks).
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.