NISM-Series-VII: Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination
The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark as the requisite standard for associated persons of a registered stock-broker / trading member / clearing member in recognized stock exchanges, involved in (a) assets or funds of investor or clients (b) redressal of investor grievances, (c) internal control or risk management and (d) activities having a bearing on operational risk.
On successful completion of the examination, the candidate should:
- Know the basics of the Indian securities market, the different products traded, and the various market participants and the respective roles they play in the Indian securities market.
- Understand the regulatory framework and the role of the Securities Exchange Board of India.
- Know the various functions of the Front Office, Middle Office and Back Office in a Securities Broking Firm.
- Understand the trade life cycle, the steps and participants involved in the trade life cycle and the role of the back office in a securities broking firm.
- Understand how the risks are managed in a securities broking firm, the clearing and settlement process.
- Understand the process of investor grievances redressal.
The examination consists of 100 questions of 1 mark each and should be completed in 2 hours. The passing score for the examination is 50%. There shall be negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question.
Name of Module: NISM-Series-VII: Securities Operations and Risk Management Certification Examination
* Negative marking – 25% of the marks assigned to the question.
+ Payment gateway charges extra.
# Passing Certificate will be issued only to those candidates who have furnished/ updated their Income Tax Permanent Account Number (PAN) in their registration details.